About Me

My photo
I am a Junior at the University of Minnesota Duluth. I love love LOVE the crisp smell that Fall brings, but also need the vitamin D that summer brings. I thoroughly enjoy photography and watching movies. To anyone that likes the outdoors, I'm sure we will get along quite well-- I dig fresh air :) I have a cat named Kozmo, who is quite crazy, and If it were more convenient at this time in my life, i'd have a dog as well. As you might conclude, I am an animal junky.

Monday, December 6, 2010

Share & Voice: Greasecar Systems!!

system.tstc.edu

    Just randomly searching up on some topics, and I came across this video/information on Greasecar Vegetable Fuel Systems, which consist of diesel vehicles that one started, can run on used vegetable oil! It is called "biodiesel" and can also fuel cars with animal fats, and used/recycled cooking oils. It is a non-petroleum renewable source, that produces much less greenhouse gases into our environment. Check out the video, and if you want to learn more google it, it's pretty interesting. 

    5 comments:

    1. This video was very interesting to watch! It always makes me wonder what the "negatives" to this are that people are not converting over? Cost? Time? Lack of resources? It's a topic that I'm not well educated on so it would be interesting to find these things out more in the future!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Way Cool! Love the picture as well, kind of quirky and catches your attention. I'd agree with Dani that this is a topic we are not very familiar with...I'm definitely interested to see how this product plays out in our futures.

      ReplyDelete
    3. I thought it was really cool that they can run off USED cooking oil from friers. It not only gets rid of waste from restaurants and homes, but provides a resource to run a car! Very cool. I hope that more people start looking into it, it seems like a great idea.

      ReplyDelete
    4. I've always wondered about this, if diesel vehicles have a more eco-friendly fuel, because the stuff I've always seen is only for cars that take gasoline. That's awesome, though! Cooking oils and animal fats? That's something I thought was only in people's imagination, where have I been?

      ReplyDelete
    5. Used cooking oil and animal fats?! Sweet! This is such a neat idea and I am definitely interested to learn more about it. It's a great way to use the "waste" produced in our homes and restaurants world-wide. Good Find!

      ReplyDelete